Wondering what you can do at home to keep the kids entertained on the weekends while you kick back with a nice cup of coffee? You’re in luck! Edible play dough is safe, easy and can be made in just 20 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 packages of Kool-Aid
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Once you have what you need:
- Bring the water to a boil in a sauce pan; remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and soft drink mix in a large bowl; stir the vegetable oil into the flour mixture using a spoon, not a whisk. Pour the hot water into the bowl and continue stirring. When the dough is cool enough to handle, turn it onto a lightly-floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Store unused portions in refrigerator.
- Grab a cup of coffee and visit Caregiver USA Facebook or Blog as a daily resource for local events, activities, health and much more!
Was this an interesting article for you? We have more! Subscribe to our newsletter to read useful care stories, receive special offers and updates. We would love for you to be a part of our community, click the link to join us: http://eepurl.com/dgz6LP