There are many options for paths to recovery in the health care industry. More individuals are learning the benefits and switching to having health care provided in the comfort of their own homes. Home health care has a wide range of services with the goal of achieving better health while also regaining your independence. Some individuals who could benefit from health care include those in need of:
- Wound care
- Monitoring Illness and health status
- Nutrition therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Administration and monitoring of medications
- Personal hygiene
- And many more
So why choose home health care over other options such as a skilled nursing facility or hospital?
- Same quality care– The same skilled professionals you’d find in a facility work in home health care. RNs, STNAS and LPNs all work in home health care settings.
- Convenience– Stay in the comfort of your own home with also receiving help with household chores to keep living conditions safe and convenient.
- Companionship along with care- With home health care you are receiving one on one support. These meaningful interactions can help support social interactions that are important for aging individuals.
- Save Money– Home health care is usually less expensive and can be covered by Medicaid insurance for qualified individuals.
- Coordinated Care with Doctor- Physicians can still be involved through working with the family caregivers to help develop individuals plans.
Check out Medicare.com and the link to find home health care agencies in your area: https://www.medicare.gov/homehealthcompare/search.html
Was this an interesting article for you? Subscribe to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/dgz6LP