Do you ever wonder what happened to the food pyramid? It received a makeover. The new updated version is called MyPlate and you can learn all about it on chooseMyPlate.gov. This website created by the USDA provides useful information and resources for a fun informational way to learn more about nutrition. The website is created for every life stage group to teach about 5 food groups: fruits, grains, vegetables, protein and dairy.
When you explore the website, you can find:
- Informational quizzes to test your knowledge.
- Recipes, meal plans and plans for staying on a budget.
- BMI calculator.
- Calories each exercise can burn.
- Consumer friendly resources to help food waste consideration.
- Seasonal and State resources.
- YouTube videos that share tips, family stories and much more.
Overall this website is a great foundation for learning about nutrition and health. It seems today nutrition information can be controversial and get confusing, but MyPlate makes a simple way to learn the essentials. Myplate.gov creates a way to promote small changes adding up to big wins you can benefit from!
Was this article interesting for you? We have more! Subscribe to our Newsletter to read useful care stories, receive special offers and updates. We would love for you to be a part of our community, click the link to join us: http://eepurl.com/dgz6LP